Smartboostsystem, before gofundsystem stole my money ($297). First 24 hrs: I ordered smartboostsystem for my 2 day old indiegogo campaign.

I noticed after less than 24hrs that there was an increase in visitors to my Indiegogo. After 3 days: Still had an increase in visitors, but no pledges. I installed Google Analytics before signing up with smartboostsystem. Noticed that none of the smartboostsystem traffic showed up in my Google Analytics.

Only on Indiegogo. I wrote them an email. After 6 days: No answer, no pledges and, what I discovered by now, fake traffic. With still zero traffic from them showing up in my Google Analytics link, while I did see Facebook and other referrals, I felt something was wrong.

It turns out that smartboostsystem uses BOTS, not real visitors. Google filters this 'traffic' out by default. Indiegogo doesn't. I reached out to Indiegogo support.

They confirmed that they did receive several complaints about smart boost system and that this Milton Craig is a fictive figure. But at the same time not able to do something about it. I should contact my bank and file a chargeback. What I learned: Smartboostsystem, before operating under gofundsystem.com, is a scam.

They created their own 'reviews', Milton Craig is a fictive figure, and they send $5 bot traffic on Fiverr to your campaign, selling it for $297. Interesting, but sad read: https://medium.com/@mikerichmond22/top-level-pr-gofundsystem-crowd-chirp-and-an-elaborate-crowdfund-mastermind-scam-7896ec97bd9a#.7ru1yj25s

Review about: Smart Boost System Crowdfunding Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments